Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Trend Alert: Tie-Front Pumps and Sandals


I know that it has been quite awhile since I've posted about an emerging trend so please forgive me, but I've just been so busy lately!  The good news is that I've managed to spot a few new trends on celebs including pumps and sandals that have small ties in the front (Above: Miranda Ker; Kim Kardashian; Amy Adams; Kelly Ripa).  I'm not quite sure how I feel about this trend, but I suppose I am just neutral.  On the one hand, I think the tie is super girly which I like, but on the other hand, short people (like me) should be wary of this trend because any shoe that ties or has a strap around the ankle can cut off your legline and make your legs appear stumpier than they really are.  So, if you are super short or have thicker calves, but should probably steer clear of this trend.  If, however, you are blessed with long legs and shapely calves and want to give this trend a try, below are some options to consider:  Type Z "Reed" sandal for $68.20 on www.6pm.com; Chinese Laundry "Hide Away" sandal on sale for $59.90 on www.lorisshoes.com; Aldo "Jandris" open-toed pump on sale for $49.98 on www.aldoshoes.com; Fergalicious "Marla" sandal for $34.99 on www.6pm.com; Christian Louboutin "Circoncolu" peep-toe sandal for $835 on www.saks.com; Seychelles "I do" pump for $99.95 on www.nordstrom.com; All Black open "Vamp" wedge oxford for $129.95 on www.nordstrom.com.

No comments: