Friday, November 30, 2012

Raid My Closet: My Purchases for This Fall/Winter

Over the last few months I've acquired some new pieces to update my fall/winter wardrobe (and to replace some of my older items that are falling apart lol), so I thought I'd go ahead and post pictures of the items that I have purchased.  Luckily, I already own a lot of pieces that happen to be on-trend this season (i.e., I already have loads of black and white pieces, lots of vintage brooches from my grandmother and flea markets, a pair of nude pointy-toed shoes, a great plum wide-brimmed fedora hat from Banana Republic a few years ago, and a military-inspired jacket by Smythe that I adore).  But just to show you that I follow my own fashion advice, I have divided my purchases in categories based upon certain of the Fall/Winter trends this year.  As usual, all of these items were purchased at a price much less than retail using the discount codes and coupons that I post on this blog!

Contrast Sleeves














Above:  Kensie faux leather sleeve dress for $98 on www.macys.com.

Bold Collars














Above:  Big jewel collar blouse for $88 on www.bloomingdales.com.

Opulence

 

Above:  Tasso necklace for $48 on www.anthropologie.com; Crystal pendulum drop earrings on www.anthropologie.com; BCBGeneration foiled miniskirt for $88 on www.bcbg.com.

Western-Inspired Booties












Above:  Report "Rudy" booties for $120 on www.piperlime.com.

Denim Jackets












Above:  Zara denim studded jacket for $79.90 on www.zara.com.

All Over Leather













Above:  Short faux leather skirt for $13.50 on www.forever21.com.

Other
 

 




 




Above:  Adia Kibur chain and neon necklace for $84 on www.shopbop.com (I bought this necklace for a friend and was so jealous that I knew I needed to get it for myself!); Alexander Wang "Rocco" duffel with rose gold hardware for $895 on www.shopbop.com (this was my big splurge this season; I have been eyeing this bag forever but when it came out with rose gold hardware and I found a 15% cashback coupon, I knew that I had to have it -- I love love love love this bag!!!); "Dayna" ponte knit mini skirt for $69.50 on www.bananarepublic.com; Dolce Vita "Brenna" pumps for $216.95 on www.lorisshoes.com (love these shoes and they are actually quite comfortable!); Juicy Couture cashmere v-neck pullover for $270 on www.piperlime.com (I got this sweater to replace my cashmere hot pink sweater that now has holes in it; the gold trim on this sweater is lovely!); Tortoise shell glasses for $27.95 on www.zennioptical.com (a friend turned me on to this website -- the price includes your prescription -- what an amazing deal!); Wayfarer glasses for $29.95 on www.zennioptical.com; Bar II sheath dress for $69 on www.macys.com (this dress is actually a beautiful forest green color and is much longer than the dress in the picture -- it is great for fall!); Flocked sable dress for $168 on www.anthropologie.com; BCBGeneration ruffled yoke dress on sale for $54 on www.bcbg.com.

No comments: