Thursday, June 25, 2009

Current Fashion Do's: Maxi Dresses and One Shoulder Dresses and Blouses

DO: Maxi Dresses

I was admittedly skeptical about this trend at first due the fact that I am somewhat vertically challenged. It was not only difficult for me to find a maxi dress that didn't need to be hemmed since I am only 5'2'', but they just didn't seem to look quite right on me because of my larger hips. For awhile, I just wrote this trend off entirely until I ran across the above-pictured dress on sale at Macy's. While it is admittedly too long for me to wear with flat sandals, it looks great with wedges and it is definitely one of the most comfortable dresses that I own. The material of the dress is also quite forgiving as it is not very clingy and I just love the ikat print. The great thing about maxi dresses is that they can be dressed up or down and worn with flat sandals (as pictured above on Lauren Conrad wearing Gypsy05) or with wedges. If you too are skeptical about this trend don't give up because I am sure that the right maxi dress is out there for you! Arden B appears to have a nice selection of maxi dresses on sale right now including the one pictured above for $68, and many of them are on sale!

DO: One shoulder dresses and blouses

I am just thrilled that one-shouldered dresses and blouses have come back into style (as pictured above on Camilla Belle in Max Azria) for this summer as there is something undeniably sexy about baring a little shoulder skin. I purchased the above Nine West dress in yellow a couple of months ago at Macy's. Another beautiful option that I ran across is the floral one-shoulder blouse above by Bellatrix that is currently available at http://www.nordstrom.com/ for $78.

No comments: