Monday, October 11, 2010

Raid My Closet: My Purchases for This Fall/Winter

In preparing for this fall/winter, over the last few months I have acquired some new pieces to update my wardrobe. And just to show you that I heed my own advice, I've divided the pieces that I've purchased up by trend!!! Of course I bought many of these items on sale, but I also used the coupons and discount codes that I post on this blog to make these items even more affordable!!!

Gold

Above: Steve Madden glitter "Caryssa" pump for $129 on www.bloomingdales.com (these are not as uncomfortable as they look due to the platform and they make your legs look a million miles long!); Sequin vine circle drop earrings for $48 on www.piperlime.com (they are clip on (because they are so heavy!!!).

Military

Above: INC three-quarter length sleeve sequin top for $69 on www.macys.com; Tahari "Izzy" stand collar coat on sale for $285 on www.macys.com (I bought this coat in black last year and LOVE it so I had to pick it up in olive too!!); Banana Republic military mini skirt for $69.50 on www.bananarepublic.com.

Mini-Bags

Above: Marc by Marc Jacobs embellished dot "Perfect" purse for $278 on www.neimanmarcus.com (I've stalked this purse ever since I saw it in Lucky mag. The embellishments are beautiful IRL!!!)

Red

Above: Felted "Crysanthemum" heels on sale for $69.95 on www.anthropologie.com (no longer available); Nanette Lepore "Knot so Fast" dress on sale at www.nordstrom.com (no longer available - I have this dress in black and LOVE it so when the red version went on sale I had to pick it up too!!!); Tucker for Target signature floral blouse for $29.99 on www.target.com.

Menswear Shoes

Above: Qupid "Nydia" 38 spectator oxford peeptoe pumps for $35 on www.lulus.com.

Chunky Knits

Above: Tinley Road oversized cable cardigan for $59 on www.piperlime.com; Kensie tweeded knit cardigan for $88 on www.piperlime.com.

Camel (sort of -- more like beige)

Above: Banana Republic snap placket hoodie for $69.50 on www.bananarepublic.com.

No comments: