Wednesday, November 10, 2010

5 More Things I Love Right Now

From time to time, I run across various items that become such a part of my daily life that I feel like I want to scream from the roof top, "Run out and buy this ladies, it is that wonderful." Last July I posted about five of those things: Lush Cosmetics BIG Shampoo; Lucky Magazine; Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil; Banana Republic Bejeweled Orchid Hair Clip; Scott Barnes Body Bling. Click here to see that post: http://cbusstyle.blogspot.com/2009/07/5-things-i-love-right-now.html. Last November I posted a list of 5 more of the things that I use, wear, love, and recommend: Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream; Smith's Rosebud Salve; Giles & Brother "Chaton" Pyramid Drop Earrings; OPI "Lincoln Park After Dark" Nail Polish; Hairstyle: Two Braids + A Bun. Click here to see that post: http://cbusstyle.blogspot.com/2009/11/5-more-things-i-love-right-now.html. Below is a list of 5 more things that I am loving right now!

OPI Axxium Semi-Permanent Nail Polish

Like most women, I love getting my nails done, but I hate spending the money only to have the polish chip off after a couple of days. At long last OPI has solved this age old dilemma by releasing its Axxium semi-permanent gel polish. The polish currently comes in 35 different shades including some of OPI's most popular colors like You Don't Know Jacques!, Lincoln Park After Dark (my fave!), Russian Navy, Big Apple Red, Dulche de Leche, Barefoot in Barcelona, and Cajun Shrimp. Six sparkly holiday shades are also currently available for a limited time! The Axxium polish typically lasts about 3 weeks (for me about 2 weeks). The process takes a little bit longer than a normal manicure and costs a tad bit more as well (usually about $15 more). I've had the Axxium applied quite a few times now and I can tell you that it is well worth the extra time and expense. You can seriously do anything to your nails and they won't chip or peel for at least two weeks (usually longer). Once you do notice the chipping you have to go into the salon to have the polish soaked off (although I admittedly have just peeled the polish off myself)!!! If you are looking for a nail salon in Columbus to try out the Axxium polish I would recommend the Nail Retreat in Dublin located at 5793 Karric Square Drive. Be sure to ask for the manicurist named "Q"!!!

Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment

Since I am not a lipstick or lipgloss girl, I am always on the hunt for a nice moisturizing tinted lip balm. Hands down my favorite is Fresh's sugar rose tinted lip balm because it is so soft, it smells lovely, comes in an adorable dispenser, and I find that the shade is extremely flattering. In fact I have fallen in love with this lip balm so much that I recently decided to try the new sugar plum shade for fall and I am also really loving it as well (although I still prefer the rose shade the best). And if you fear tinted lip balms Fresh also makes a non-tinted sugar lip balm as well. These balms are pricey at $22.50 each but I swear you won't be disappointed! Fresh products are available at Sephora or on www.amazon.com or www.beauty.com.
Cheap Monday T-Shirts

I am constantly looking for affordable but good quality soft lightweight t-shirts to wear with my jeans and I always end up disappointed for whatever reason. I find that most of the t-shirts that I like cost upwards of $60 each, which seems ridiculous to me to spend on a t-shirt. Recently, however, I decided to try out the t-shirts by Cheap Monday and I am officially in love! They are super lightweight and super soft and they are priced at about $32 each. I own each of the t-shirts above (from left to right: "Ella" 3/4 length tee; "Jasmine" long sleeve tee; "Regina" tee). Cheap Monday tees can be purchased at Urban Outfitters or on www.80spurple.com (which is where I bought mine -- use code "luckybreaks3" for 30% off!).
Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmer Brick
I have tried quite a few bronzers in my day, but once I tried Bobbi Brown's bronze shimmer brick I have not since strayed! It doesn't go on cakey and depending upon your skintone (mine varies greatly depending upon the time of year) you can use the top of the palette for paler skin or the bottom of the palette for darker skin. Again, it is a little pricey at $38, but one brick lasts me for well over 6 months. Bobbi Brown's shimmer brick is available in the makeup section at most department stores.

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Deep Conditioner 3 Minute Masque

I have long thick hair that is naturally wavy and is prone to frizz. Because my hair is super thick I do not wash it every day, but on the days that I do my routine consists of blowdrying my hair upside down and then with a flat brush, followed by a flat iron. All that heat takes its toll on my hair so I recently decided to look for a hair masque to add some moisture to my hair. I didn't want to spend a lot of money since my hair isn't in horrible shape and after doing a couple of searches online I decided to try Garnier Fructis' fortifying deep conditioner 3 minute masque. I've been using it for about a month now (once a week) and I must say that I have been pleasantly pleased by the results. The day of the treatment my hair is silky, smooth, and shiny! The effects last until the next time that I wash my hair. However, if you have fine hair be warned that this product adds a lot of moisture so I would imagine that it may make fine hair look greasy. But if you are looking for an inexpensive moisturising hair masque, this one gets my thumbs up!!! It retails for under $8 and can be found at most drugstores and grocery stores.

No comments: