Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring/Summer 2011 Fashion Trend: Flatforms


The biggest footwear trend to emerge on the SS2011 runways were "flatforms" -- platform shoes that are not arched like a wedge sandal.  Flatforms were seen at Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs, Derek Lam, and Chanel (above).  This trend is interesting to say the least, but probably not something that I am going to run out and buy, although I have found that platform shoes can give me the added height that I love (since I am a shorty) without being overly uncomfortable.  What do you think about this trend?  If you want to give it try, below are some flatforms to consider (or at least the closest that I could find to a flatform!):  Dolce Vita "Layla" sandal for $98 on www.piperlime.com; Elizabeth + James "E-bounce" platform slides for $198 on www.nordstrom.com; Jimmy Choo "Paisley" espadrille slide for $365 on www.nordstrom.com; Dansko "Sara" sandal for $114.95 on www.nordstrom.com; Stuart Weiztman "Alexlo" espadrille wedges for $298 on www.nordstrom.com; Steven by Steve Madden "Sezer" slide sandal for $88.95 on www.nordstrom.com; Kork-ease "Ava" wedge sandal for $134.95 on www.nordstrom.com.

No comments: