Friday, October 16, 2009

Fashion Do: ANYTHING Leather


As I posted previously, one of the biggest trends this fall is leather (faux and real) moto jackets and vests. This trend seems to be expanding as more and more celebrities have been seen stepping out in leather leggings (AnnaLynne McCord above), shorts (Whitney Port above), dresses (Angelina Jolie above), and pants (Victoria Beckham above). While I don't really see myself in leather shorts this winter and, for those who know me, you know that I am not a huge fan of leggings, I do plan on breaking out my faux-leather skirt that I purchased from Nine West a few years ago. I think the key to this trend is to not overdo it with leather from head to toe or else you will look like you belong on the back of a Harley. When wearing leather on the bottom, leave the moto jacket at home! Below are some fun leather and faux leather options to choose from: Alice + Olivia structured shoulder leather shift dress for $440 available on www.shopbop.com; Bebe leatherette knit pant for $98; Arden B crinkle faux leather elastic waist skirt for $48; Charlotte Ronson leather high-waisted shorts for $193 available on www.shopbop.com; Urban Renewall leather and knit dress on sale for $39.99 at Urban Outfitters; Blank Denim pull on faux leather pant for $78 available on www.shopbop.com; Express faux leather pencil skirt for $69.50; Forever 21 slick faux leather shorts for $19.80; Candie's faux leather liquid leggings on sale for $9.99 on www.kohls.com; Forever 21 faux leather swing skirt for $22.80.

No comments: