Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fashion Do: Waterfall Jackets and Cardigans


The waterfall jacket has been around for a while, but as far as I can tell it hasn't started to become popular until quite recently. While the waterfall jacket isn't nearly as trendy as liquid leggings, boyfriend blazers, or moto jackets, it seems that more and more celebrities have been wearing them lately (as seen on Olivia Palermo to the left). While I admittedly do not yet own one of these jackets, I really do love the way they look. The cascading fabric really does give the illusion of a waterfall and is uber feminine. I wasn't able to locate a lot of waterfall jackets at retail shops, but I have listed those that I did find below, as well as a few waterfall cardigans: Jersey waterfall jacket for $90 available on www.topshop.com; Banana Republic Italian merino draped cardigan for $90; ASOS Black sequined waterfall blazer for $136.78 available on www.asos.com; Frenchi open lightweight jersey cardigan for $39 available at Nordstrom; Wool waterfall jacket available in denim or light grey for $125 available on www.topshop.com.

No comments: