Monday, October 5, 2009

Wednesday, October 7th: Rebecca Minkoff Online Flash Sale


This Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. ET to 9:00 p.m. ET, Rebecca Minkoff is putting select items on sale on www.rebeccaminkoff.com. For those of you who do not know about Rebecca Minkoff, she is an up-and-coming handbag designer who has now branched out into clothing as well. Her most popular bags include the Nikki hobo, the Morning After Bag, and the Matinee bag, which have been seen on loads of celebrities including Hayden Panetierre, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Simpson, Lauren Conrad, Leighton Meester, Jessica Alba, and many many more. For those of you who know me, you know that I am somewhat of a handbag freak. Handbags are my splurge items (although I always search for sales of course). I have pieces from high-end designers (Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Prada), mid-end designers (Botkier, Hayden-Harnett, Foley + Corinna) and lower-end designers (Coach). I would say that Rebecca Minkoff falls in the mid-end range with most bags retailing around $500, although certain of her bags retail at nearly $700. I own four RM bags myself and I must say that the leather on these bags is absolutely wonderful in my opinion and rivals the leather on some of my high-end bags. If you are looking for a unique bag (RM is not sold in any stores in Columbus) that is great quality, I highly recommend that you check out this sale on Wednesday (I know I will be!). Please note that the more popular styles will go very very quickly. RM has quite the cult following (the Minkettes) and I'm sure they will be all over this sale, so I would recommend logging onto the sale as soon as it starts. In the past, the website has crashed because of the large number of shoppers, so you may have to be patient with the sale. Finally, while I have never ordered any of my RM bags directly from RM, I have heard that it can take some time to get your bag in the mail and that their customer service is not the best, so you will need to be patient.

No comments: