Friday, September 2, 2011

Fall/Winter 2011 Fashion Trend: Southwestern Knits


I'm not so sure that I would call this one of the biggest trends this fall (in fact, I kind of had a hard time finding runway looks to support this trend) (Above: ADAM; Rachel Roy; Naeem Khan; Matthew Williamson), but you will see in lots of stores that southwestern/navajo/tribal/native american style and patterned knits are everywhere.  In addition to this being a trend that is all over retail stores currently, I am also posting about it cause I am slightly obsessed with this trend.  In the past I've never cared for southwestern-inspired clothes and, in fact, I would probably have listed them as a fashion "don't" previously.  But for whatever reason I am really liking this trend and have already purchased a southwestern style oversized cardigan to wear this fall.  I like the idea of these knits being paired with a sleek mini dress and a side braid.  I think the key to this trend is to not over do it with fringe and other southwestern items or else you will look like you are wearing a costume.  If you are liking this trend (like me!) and want to try it out below are some options to consider: Jen's Pirate Booty "Bombay" mini dress for $139 on www.shopbop.com; Ecote Intarsia cardigan for $79 on www.urbanoutfitters.com; Navajo cutoff sweatshirt for $58 on www.nastygal.com; Sashed sweater skirt for $148 on www.anthropologie.com; UNIF "Lora" jacket for $165 on www.revolveclothing.com; Tribal print pullover for $17.80 on www.forever21.com; BB Dakota "Tipi" knit cardigan for $78 on www.nastygal.com; Joie Navajo stripe Intarsia "Aria" dress for $378 on www.revolveclothing.com; "Restore Your Soul" top for $29.99 on www.modcloth.com; "Pardon My Fringe" tank for $34.99 on www.modcloth.com; Tribal bodycon skirt for $9.80 on www.forever21.com; Onam cardigan for $148 on www.anthropologie.com.

No comments: