Monday, July 13, 2009

Current Fashion Do's: Gladiator Sandals and Studs

DO: Gladiator Sandals


If you haven't noticed this trend this summer then, frankly, you have probably been living under a rock because the gladiator sandal has been seen everywhere on every celebrity and style icon imaginable, such as on Reese Witherspoon above. I was a tad uncertain about this trend at first myself and have only purchased one pair of gladiatorish sandals by Carlos by Carlos Santana pictured above in pewter. However, I must admit that the trend is growing on me. Those that go all the way up the calf to the knee are a bit much for me, but I am really starting to like the platform gladiators and recently some of the flat gladiators. I am loving (and currently contemplating purchasing) the purplish brown pair above by Fergie currently on sale for $71.47 at www.endless.com. If you are uncertain about this trend but willing to give it a shot you may want to consider purchasing an inexpensive pair to see how you like them (such as the metallic gold faux-leather pair above by Classified for only $23.50 on www.lulus.com) as I'm sure this trend will not last forever.

DO: STUDS


The whole rocker chic trend that has been on the rise lately popularized primarily by many of the younger celebrities like Rhianna and Vanessa Hudgens has also taken some time for me to acclimate to. For those who know me, my preferences lean far more toward full skirts and florals than to ripped jeans and moto jackets. I will acknowlege, however, that the current trend towards stud embellishments on clothes and accessories, while admittedly very rockerish, appeals to me nonetheless; perhaps because they are shiny. One of my favorite studded items that I have not yet purchased but would love to is the Rebecca Minkoff devote tote pictured above on Lauren Conrad, which retails at $695. Earlier this summer I did pick up the above teal Hale Bob tunic, which has some stud detailing on the front. Another great option with some subtle stud detailing on the back pockets are the above black skinny jeans by Blank denim available for $78 on www.shopbop.com. Finally, I have recently been seeing a combination of the gladiator and stud trends as pictured above in the studded gladiator sandal by Steve by Steve Madden available for $89.95 on www.amazon.com.

No comments: