Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fall/Winter 2009 Fashion Trend: Strong Shoulders


This fall the power shoulder is taking over! This trend seems to have been one of the most prominent on the fall 2009 fashion runways, but I must say it has been one of the most difficult trends for me to translate into available wearable retail options. The high end version of this trend appears to me to be a tad over the top. Above: Balenciaga, Dolce & Gabanna, Marc Jacobs, Miss Sixty. However, I am not opposed to a little ruffle or padding at the shoulder and actually own quite a few bouses in this style myself already. I find that the strong shoulder helps to balance out my larger lower half. For those of you who are daring enough to try this trend this fall, below are a few options that I managed to find: Hanii Y tee for $135 available on www.shopbop.com; Robert Rodriguez blouse for $253 available on www.neimanmarcus.com; Manhattan Dolls blazer for $160 available on www.topshop.com; Bolts in the Blue jacket for $118 available at Anthropologie; Waterfall sleeve blouse for $188 available at Anthropologie; Elie Tahari "Alessia" floral print dress for $498 available at Saks; Silence & Noise faux leather pleat open blazer for $68 available at Urban Outfitters; Patterson J. Kincaid sheer silk tee for $68 available at Saks; Banana Republic wool sheath dress for $142; Rachel Rachel Roy coat for $169 available on www.macys.com.

No comments: