Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fall/Winter 2009 Fashion Trend: Over-the-Knee Boots


I have debated and debated about posting this trend on C-bus Style because it is undoubtedly a trend that I just don't see myself ever wearing. But lately I have learned to never say never as I have been finding myself open to styles and trends that I wouldn't have been drawn to in the past. Therefore, even though I still highly doubt that I will be picking up a pair of over-the-knee boots this fall, because this trend was so prominent on the fall 2009 fashion runways (Above: Chloe, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs) and because it has been appearing on celebrities left and right lately, I have decided to post this trend on the blog. I think the key to this trend is to steer clear of a high heel or stiletto. And, unless you want to look like a streetwalker, please no patent leather. Below are some decent options to choose from: Colin Stewart suede convertible boot for $149 available on www.victoriassecret.com; Hive and Honey "Katrina" boot for $149 available on www.piperlime.com; Maria Sarapova for Cole Haan Air for $298 available on www.piperlime.com; Michael Antonio "McKay" boot for $69.95 available on www.amazon.com; Steve Madden "Ottowa" boot for $170 on www.piperlime.com; Naughty Monkey "Entertainer" boot for $144.95 available at Nordstrom; Two Lips "Voodoo" boot for $170 available on www.piperlime.com.

No comments: